Join in our inaugural 17 September Supper Club Fundraiser for the Greenpoint Soup Kitchen.
- September 17, 2010.
- Cocktail Hour: 6:30 -8:00pm – $8 per drink* (free hors d’œuvres!)
- Dinner: 8:00pm – $15* (4 courses and BYO wine)
- @ The Greenpoint Church - 136 Milton St, btw Manhattan Ave & Franklin St
- R.S.V.P. for tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or on facebook
* suggested donation
The tentative menu is:
- Sunchoke soup with crispy Brussels sprouts
- Vegetarian Nicoise salad with lettuce, string beans, potatoes, boiled eggs, etc
- Creamy Polenta with fire roasted tomato ragout, grilled vegetables and garlicky greens
- Sugared crepes with caramelized apples and Van Leeuwen ice cream (!)
Join us for a dinner made from the same local, organic produce that we use to cook our weekly meals with, prepared in the same convivial spirit that makes our soup kitchen special! Most dishes will be served family style and we will be dining to live music—we hope it adds to the spirit of the event.
Every week we work to provide delicious, quality (organic when possible) dinners for the hungry folks of Greenpoint, Brooklyn. In the bountiful summer months of the year, we have a lot of help from awesome farmers who, via several local CSAs, allow us to glean their overflow.
Times are tougher in the lean winter months—our goal is to raise enough money to pay for fresh quality food to last through those cold months. Consider this our “un-can” drive! Help us make sure that “the best” is available for EVERYONE—all year long.
The cocktail hour will be 6:30-8:00pm in the back yard of the church (with a fabulous view of our soup kitchen community garden). We will be serving two types of special cocktails: vodka with mint syrup &
raspberries and bourbon with ginger juice & lemon. We will also be serving wine. There is an $8 suggested donation per drink, which includes snacks!
R.S.V.P. for tickets: email@example.com