Volunteer shift from 6-9pm…
Arrive & Set-up from 6-630pm
- Depending on when the farmer arrived, sometimes there is a a lot of crates of vegetables to move, stack, and organize.
- Volunteers wipe clean the reusable tags and write up the distribution amounts for the week’s distribution.
- Once everything is set-up, grab a drink and we will assign “jobs” for the night
- Members will choose their spot for the night on a first come, first served basis.
- There are several lists and floater positions.
- We are running 3 – 6 different shares during each distribution. Each share has a list. Every list gets managed by a volunteer.
- Stocking - Continually throughout the night, the volunteers remove empty crates and keep cleaning up any mess.
Clean – Up
- We give our members an extra five minutes to get to distribution and then start clean-up at 8:35pm.
- We consolidate all the leftover produce into boxes or crates and bring them out to the volunteer driver’s cars.
- If we have been on top of things, we should be out the door by 845pm-ish…