Sign-Ups for 2014 Harvest Season start February 20th
How to Sign-Up
- Sign-ups for the 2014 season will begin in February and run until the CSA is sold out, typically in April.
- Sign-ups are scheduled through an appointment process. Sign up to get invites/notifications via Facebook or email.
- Membership is open to new members. Shoot an email to get added to the info listserv. These emails will announce sign-up events.
General Pricing Scheme -
- Berry Share – 24 weeks – $475 – May 5 – Oct 13 (Full – $475 Half – $237.50)
- Egg Share – 24 weeks - $120 – May 5 – Oct 13 (Full- $120 Half – $60)
- Vegetable Share – 25 weeks- June 9 to Nov 24 (Full- $600 Half A-$288/ Half B- $312)
- Orchard Share – 22 weeks - $264 – Jun 30 to Nov 24 (Full- $264 Half – $132)
- Chicken Share – 24 weeks – (Full – $560 Half – $280)
- Meat Shares- 4 to 24 weeks (Varying prices depending on the # of weeks. See Northwind Meat Share page for pricing information)
- Circle C Maple – One time distributions several times during the season. Lots of Maple! Lots of sizes! Lots of Grades! Availability depends on the season; Order early to be sure to get your stash of local maple syrup. Prices and sized linked here…
Detailed info on our farmers and share types can be found on the following linked pages:
INFO ABOUT SIGN-UP PROCESS
Sign-up Appointment Details
During your appointment you will choose your package, make a payment, and sign up for your volunteer shifts. You will sign a membership agreement and leave with a physical receipt. Southside CSA will have a physical invoice on record as well. All of this writing and typing takes a bit of time. We try to get you in and out in fifteen minutes. It goes faster when people have thought about their payment and volunteer options before their sign up appointment. It can take half an hour if you have lots of questions.
What to bring : $$, Calendar, & Email Info for share partners
$$ — This CSA is all about supporting local farms. We take cash, checks, and credit cards starting March 1, 2014. (Each credit card transaction will be subject to a 2.75% service charge.)
Payment & Deposits
The whole purpose of a CSA is to get $$ to farmers in these lean Winter months, therefore the bigger a deposit you put down now, the better it is for our farmers. In order to encourage people to pay in full, we offer reduced admin fee to those who pay in full at sign-up. It makes life easier for the farmers and the volunteer organizers. However, we also offer several types of extended payment plans.
- $25 admin fee = Pay in full at sign-up
- $30 admin fee = 50% Deposit & Payment in full by 5/12
- $35 admin fee = Deposit & monthly payments with 6/16
- $40 admin fee = Deposit & monthly payments with 7/14
- $45 admin fee = Deposit & monthly payments with 8/11
- $50 admin fee = Deposit & monthly payments with 9/15
Please note, there will be a $5 late fee for every late payment. There will also be a $30 fee for bouncing checks.
Dates for Volunteer Shifts
Every share family signs up for their volunteer shifts during their sign-up appointment. Each family must complete 12 hours of volunteer work as a group /couple/ individual. You will be signing up for a distribution shift, a soup kitchen shift, and a community shift. It is a good idea to have your calendar (for all members in your “share family”) with you to ease scheduling volunteer dates.We understand that it is hard to predict your future schedule, however, it is even harder to run an all-volunteer CSA without a schedule so we insist on early sign ups. We can always re-schedule as schedules shift…
You will be provided with an email receipt. Please bring the emails of all your share members so they can be added to the email list.
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org