Despite a crazy car accident, our farmers arrived with the food….Superhero farmer status for Martin & Gaudencia!
- 4 ears of MimoMex Corn, the best corn round these parts!
- 1/2 pound of Tomatillos
- 1 pound of Jalapeno peppers
- 1 bunch of Beets
- Unfortunately due to Fall weather the farmers had to cut the beet greens off the bunches. They know how much peple like to eat them BUT the weather has made the greens rather unedible and so they had to be chopped. Lo siento!
- 1 1/2 pounds (loose) Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds Eggplant
- 1 pound Bell Peppers
- 1 bunch Basil
- Choice of 1 bunch Papalo or Epazote
- 1 pound Red Potatoes
- 1 pound White Potatoes
- BONUS!! 2 pounds Potatoes to make up for the potatoes that got left on the truck last time (A week; Aug 17th)
- 1 pound Apples
- 1 pound Peaches
- 1 pound Nectarines
- 1 pound (super-ripe) Plums
- OK, so the plums are very very very ripe. They were alrighty when they picked them up on Sunday but got very soft overnight. Martin didn’t really want to leave them with us because he is very concerned about only dropping off top quality produce. However, I (ryan) convinced him that we’d rather have ripe plums for sauces and jams (etc) than extra apples in 2 weeks SO be prepared for soft plums! I recommend bringing some sort of tupperware to transport the soft fruits. Def helps make the fruit survive without squishing…..
- 1 dozen gorgeous pastured Eggs. Don’t forget to bring a carton for easier transport!