We were looking for something a little different to do with all this wonderful asparagus. And my husband pulled this recipe out of the ole’ memory banks. Nothing more than chopping and a little squeezing is required to create this refreshing spring treat. It is a really tasty side dish or I think it would be fun to serve bruscetta style on toasted bread.
- Olive Oil
- Herbs de Provenance (optional)
- Dice the tomato and asparagus.
- Thinly slice the shallot.
- Mix tomato, asparagus, and a little bit of shallot together. Add a little olive oil, squeeze some lemon, add salt and if desired a tiny pinch of Herbs de Provenance. Adjust salt, shallot, olive oil, and lemon to taste.
- Set aside for about 20 minutes to let the acidity from the lemon and tomato work their magic.
Oh yeah! I have to admit that i have never ever enjoyed eating raw asparagus…until now. The Greig Farm asparagus is so divine we have been devouring it with just pepper and salt. It is absolutely amazing how damn straight delicious food is when it is fresh and in season.
Viva local asparagus; Get some while the getting is good people!