An evening of fun and fundraising for Haiti relief.
D.B.A (113 N. 7th St. – btw Wythe & Berry) will be hosting the amazing Stephanie Price on Wednesday, 7-10 pm to raise money for medical supplies for Haiti.
She will be auctioning off a bunch of awsome prizes – some of which are listed below. Also, part of the beer proceeds will be going to her mission not impossible – so just by showing up and drinking you’ll be donating.
Check out her blog,which is so gripping that i literally have read & watched all of it, and Heart to Heart – the charity she went out to volunteer with this spring. Also – facebook page for more info.
Southampton Publick House have donated some kegs with all the proceeds going to the cause. There will also be raffle/ silent auction where the following items will be up for bid:
- 2 tickets to Grizzly Bear at Governor’s Island- (www.bowerypresents.com/event/4733)
- A Forget Me Knot ring from Kiel Mead- as seen in Elle, Lucky, Star (www.kielmead.com/jewelry.html)
- $100 Tattoo Voucher from Becca Roach of North Star Tattoos- (www.beccaroach.com/section/111969_Tattoos.html)
- Eco-Friendly Clothing from Sublet- as seen in Nylon, OK! (www.subletclothing.com)
- Full Release printed t-shirts from Deth Killers 2000- as seen in GQ, Thrillist (www.Dk2g.com)
- Wine from Evening Land, Seven Springs Vineyard- as seen in Wine Spectator (www.eveninglandvineyards.com)
- Acupuncture session from Esema- (www.erinhessel.com)
- 8lbs of blueberries from our very own CSA.
*More music and screen printed items TBA…
If you can’t make it out but still want to give, her paypal is: firstname.lastname@example.org
This past spring Stephanie had the chance to serve in Haiti as a volunteer with Heart to Heart International. The 6+ weeks she spent there were incredibly inspiring. She fully believes in HHI’s mission to not just bring in American medical providers, but employ Haitian doctors and nurses as well. Even today, 6 months after the quake, the clinics are seeing 200-300 patients a day.
So… she’s going back down. Just for a few days. And she’s planning to bring as many supplies down with me as she can. The largest need is for over the counter children’s medications and it’s often faster to bring them down with individuals versus shipping. She’s hoping to raise some money to offset the cost of these meds, and then anything she raises over what is spent will be given as a donation to Heart to Heart.
For more info check out the facebook page.