Winter Sun Vegetable Share
This month’s distribution included 6 frozen items. Typically we get 5 items plus a fresh bag of pea shoots. Unfortunately, the polar freeze has been super hard on the pea shoots. The plan as it stands is to have pea shoots – fingers crossed – in Febuary and in subsequent months. Due to the last minute loss of pea shoots from the share in January, we will get an extra frozen item in our February shares.
The January share included the following:
- 24 oz jar of Tomato Puree from Taliaferro Farm & Williams Farm
- Butternut Squash Puree from Black Horse Farm in Coxsackie, NY
- Blueberries from Mead Orchards Farm in Tivoli, NY
- Sweet Corn from Gills Farm in Hurley, NY
- Broccoli from Shaul Farm in Middleburgh, NY
- Cauliflower from Pedersen Farms in Seneca Castle, NY
Members picked up their dozen’s of gorgeous eggs…..